TOWN OF BLAINE
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES
April 18, 2017 6:00 PM NCC
Vern Drake called the 2017 Annual meeting to order at 6:00 PM. In attendance were Chairman Drake, Supervisor Pearson, Supervisor Estridge, Treasurer Holter, Clerk Zaccardi, Ron Gallagher, Don Carlson, Don Slipher, Ron Proffit, Klaus Neider, Matt Holter, Steve and Bonnie Holter, Dan Ellefson, Bonnie Young, Dan Proffit and Jason Towne.
1. Marty Pearson motioned to accept the April 19, 2016 minutes. Jessica Estridge seconded. Motion passed.
2. The 2017 Budget and Profit and Loss statement were presented by Charla Zaccardi.
3. Current bank balance was provided by Larry Holter.
4. Vern reported there was a 4-year road improvement plan in place.
5. It was noted there are 35 town business items listed to be taken care of and responsibilities will be divided to help relieve the Chairman and help pay more attention to some of these items.
6. Dan Ellefson will be replacing Marty Pearson. Marty has served on the board for 20 years. A plaque was presented to Marty for his years of service. Marty mentioned it was an honor and he was proud to be a part of this community.
7. There was discussion regarding the consideration of adopting County Zoning for the Town of Blaine. Jason Towne, Land Information Director for Burnett County was available for questions. Ron Proffit motioned to use a secret ballot to vote on County Zoning, Ron Gallagher seconded the motion. Motion passed. The vote was (9)–No; (6)-Yes – The Town of Blaine will stay Un-zoned. After the vote, Chairman Vern Drake mentioned there was an incredible amount of thought and research that went into the zoning issue and the benefits of adopting county zoning as well as the vulnerabilities of not adopting had been thoroughly explored and explained. Thank you to those who voiced their views and voted.
8. Marty Pearson made the motion, Jessie seconded, the next Annual Meeting will be Tuesday, April 19, 2018 Motion passed.
Motion to adjourn was made by Marty Pearson, seconded by Larry Holter. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 7:03 PM
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 18th day of April, 2017
Vern Drake, Board Chairman