TOWN OF BLAINE
February 14, 2017 Minutes
Chairman Drake called the February 14, 2017 monthly meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Supervisor Jessica Estridge, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Bonnie Young, Don Slipher, Klaus Neider and Stephanie Askin.
Clerk’s Report: Jessica made the motion to approve the minutes. Marty seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Jessica made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Marty seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: Klaus Neider mentioned how the Lion’s Club was involved with the history of having a bank in Danbury. Community Bank will open in April 2017 in Danbury.
Chairman’s Report: None
- Road Equipment Update: All road equipment is in good condition.
- Road Condition Report: The roads are in good shape. A discussion ensued regarding the cost of sand.
- Northland Community Center: Everything is in good shape.
- Jim Tolbert – did not attend. He is the new Burnett County Emergency Management Director and coordinates FEMA damage. We could possibly get help for the spillway bridge.
- Election Primary on February 21, 2017.
- It was agreed that the board will continue to meet on the 2nd Tuesday each month.
- Jessica made the motion to resend the motion in January that during emergency icy road conditions and only upon request the Town Road Maintenance personnel will spread sand on icy private driveways of town residents and parking lots of places frequented by the public. During these emergencies Town of Blaine road maintenance can be called at 715-733-0673. The Town Chairman after consultation with Road Maintenance Personnel will make the determination of an ice emergency. Marty seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- Marty made a motion that during icy road conditions and the Town of Blaine road maintenance personnel will spread sand on icy private driveways of town residents and parking lots of places frequented by the public. During these emergencies the Town of Blaine road maintenance can be called at 715-733-0673. The Town Chairman after consultation with road maintenance personnel will make the determination of an ice emergency. Jessica seconded the motion. Motion approved.
- Consider need for deputy clerk and/or deputy treasurer – the need for a fill-in replacement is up to the clerk and treasurer.
- Reminder that the subject of the Town of Blaine adopting County Zoning is on the agenda for the April 18, 2017 Annual Electors Meeting.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE MARCH AGENDA:
Jessica made a motion to adjourn at 6:44 pm. Marty seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 14th day of February 2017.
Vern Drake, Chairman