TOWN OF BLAINE
May 10, 2016
Chairman Drake called the May 10, 2016 monthly meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessie Estridge, Supervisor Marty Pearson, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher and Donny Slipher.
Clerk’s Report: Jessie made the motion to approve the minutes. Marty seconded. Motion passed. Stephanie has received liquor license applications from Hillside Inn and Otis’ Bar and will place ads in the Burnett County Sentinel.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Jessie made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Marty seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None.
Chairman’s Report: Vern attended the WTA meeting at the Government Center in Siren on April 28, 2016. Some of the topics discussed at the last WTA meeting were: Stray Dogs in Burnett County, submission of ATV Ordinances, and forming an ambulance committee. At this WTA meeting a representative from the senator’s office explained that their office has a department that will help with issues that cannot be resolved at the town level. The number of ambulance calls for the county for 2015 was reported at 1394. Mike Hoefs gave a presentation on Implements of Husbandry as to the effect on town roads. Mike Hoefs also used Town of Blaine’s Asphalt bid as an example of how to write a bid if there is no “bid document”. If a bid document is used the town would save money on ads, because the ad would be short and refer the bidders to the bid document. Fahrner gave presentation on a newer process for rejuvenating and protecting pavement called TPR Scrub Seal. Monarch Paving gave a presentation on the current costs of asphalt paving. Arlen Helm reported that towns no longer have to stay within the $5000 per mile limit for highway expenditures. The board members will meet at the town garage at 8am. June 25th the FNBWA will be holding an open house. More information will be on town website (www.townofblainewi.com) as it becomes available. Reminder: the Town Board will be doing the road inspection on May 18, 2016.
- Road Equipment Update: John Deere was out to service AC in grader.
- Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape. Scott and Monarch Paving came out to see paving project on Big McGraw Rd.
- Northland Community Center: Shane fixed the leak in the ceiling. Everything else is in good shape.
- Town hiring practices will be tabled to next month.
- The Board received bids for the mowing of Hillcrest Cemetery and Town Hall. Jessie motioned to accept Matt Holter’s bid for the Town Hall and Larry Kern’s the bid for Hillcrest Cemetery. Marty seconded. Motion passed. Stephanie will notify Matt and Larry.
- Dairyland Fire Department failed the audit for the second time. Vern will keep in touch contact with Ron Deyo, Chairman of Dairyland.
- Cemetery Clean-Up Day is set for May 22 at 10am. Potluck lunch at noon. Ron will check with Fornengo Forest Products about stump removal.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE JUNE AGENDA:
Bids for Big McGraw Road Asphalt project
Update on Adopting County Zoning
Update on State Line Road spillway bridge
Jessie made a motion to adjourn at 7:10pm. Marty seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this _10th day of May 2016.
Vern Drake, Chairman