TOWN OF BLAINE
January 12, 2016
Chairman Drake called the January 12, 2016 monthly meeting to order at 6:05 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Jessie Estridge, Clerk Stephanie Askin, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Donny Slipher and Don Carlson.
Clerk’s Report: Jessie motioned to accept the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was read by Larry Holter.
Expenses were reviewed. Expenses were reviewed. Jessie made the motion to approve the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion passed
Citizen’s Input: None.
Chairman’s Report: New lights are needed for the shop. Ron will check with Dairyland as to where they got their lights. Vern will check into LED lights and ECE will give a 25% rebate for qualifying new lights. Vern is still trying to help Blomberg’s with the flood plain issue.
- Road Equipment Update: All equipment is in good running order.
- Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape. Ron will continue to sand as needed. Jessie and Vern will work on grant that would help pay for a road project for the Town.
- Northland Community Center: Earth Energy will come out to check furnace.
- Board voted to accept Dennis Quinn as the new assessor for the town. Building permits will be discussed further with more input from Jason Towne.
- Shared duties for board members to be tabled until next month.
- Contracts have been mailed out to the Towns of Arna and New Dosey to have a long standing contract for ditch brushing every year.
- Zoning regulations to be discussed further with more input from Jason Towne.
- Vern will look into best practices for hiring of intermittent part-time employees (need for approval and wages vs. contract)
- Vern presented the idea of adoption of a Town Mission, Vision and Values statement. He will work on each and present to the board for approval.
- New website is up. Stephanie will continue to add information to site. Address of new site is www.townofblainewi.com.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE FEBRUARY AGENDA:
- Shared duties for board members
- Ad for paving on Big Mcgraw Rd.
Jessie motioned to adjourn at 06:54. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting adjourned.
Stephanie Askin, Clerk
Signed and dated this ___17__ day of January 2016.