TOWN OF BLAINE
August 14, 2018
Chairman, Vern Drake called the August 14, 2018 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Matt Holter and Ron and Sharon Proffit.
Clerk’s Report: Supervisor Ellefson made the motion to approve the July 2018 minutes. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
Citizen’s Input: None
- Signatures were obtained for authorization to sign town checks through Bremer Bank.
- Chairman Drake shared an article from WTA titled “Bid or Not to Bid”.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape. McGraw Lake Road is almost ready for pulverization. Culverts and gravel will be finished up soon. The beaver problems have been addressed.
Northland Community Center:
- There was discussion of what to do about the main water valve and if it should be left on. At this time Ron Proffit will turn the water on starting on Thursday’s and turn the water off when the facility is not scheduled for use.
- There will be updated postings at the NCC regarding clean-up procedures; scheduling and supplies, and maintenance; table and chair procedures; and critical checklist closing tasks. The NCC user agreement and Liability Statement has also been updated.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: None.
- Chairman Drake made a motion to use cold mix already available to patch the N. Markville Road bridge deck until we can get it fixed properly next spring. Supervisor Ellefson seconded. Motion approved.
- The Town of Blaine will leave the Low-Water-Crossing (L-W-C) on State Line Road as is and post “bridge closed” signs at both ends of State Line Road. Chairman Drake will order “bridge closed” signs.
- Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to publish an ad in newspapers for rock crushing bids for 20,000 tons of gravel. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion passed.
- Chairman Drake shared with members WTA Fall Town and Village Workshops available on September 11, 2018 in Cable, WI.
- There was a discussion regarding the procedure involved in reclamation of old town roads. Chairman Drake will research the topic and report back with more information.
- There was discussion on how to get 211 cards distributed to residents. It was decided to have the 2-1-1 card available at the NCC at elections and other times people will be present, and also at the Waste & Recycle Transfer Station. Note: The 2-1-1 number can be called for “Everyday needs during emergencies and difficult times”. 2-1-1 is citizen’s connection to community services.
- Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to Pre-Buy 1,000 gallons of propane for winter use at $1.45 a gallon. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion approved.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE SEPTEMBER AGENDA:
Supervisor Ellefson made a motion to adjourn at 7:15 p.m. Chairman Drake seconded. Motion passed. Meeting was adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _14th day of August 2018.
Vern Drake, Chairman