TOWN OF BLAINE
November 14, 2017
Chairman Drake called the November 14, 2017 monthly board meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Matt Holter, Ron Proffit, Bonnie Young.
Clerk’s Report: Dan made the motion to approve the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made the motion to approve payment of the bills as submitted. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: None
- Chairman Drake handed over a letter from the Burnett County Historical Society to the treasurer.
- Chairman Drake attended the Burnett County Unit of Wisconsin Towns Association meeting on October 26, 2017. He shared the LRIP Committee-Project Selection process and also shared the Quarterly Ambulance Report.
- Chairman Drake noted there was a timber sale with Bell Timber, Inc. A contract will be mailed out to them regarding the agreement between Heavy Truck and Equipment Operators and the Town of Blaine. It was also noted there might be a winter timber sale, so in the future, Dan agreed to explain to loggers what roads they are to use.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report:
- Chairman Drake noted that the road work on Springbrook Trail for the grant with Burnett County has been completed and will be turned in December 1st. He shared a summary of equipment and labor hours worked on this project.
- McGraw Lake Road is still planned to start improvements in 2018 with ditching, culvert replacement, asphalt pulverizing, adding gravel for base, and then scheduling new pavement for 2019.
Northland Community Center: The Woodland Wesleyan Church plans to hold a Christmas Eve service at the NCC. It was mentioned that new downspouts will be installed on the building late this fall.
Waste & Recycle Transfer Station: Dan has one quote from North Country Signs from Barron, WI. The Waste Recycle Transfer Station will be open on Wednesdays 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. through November 30, 2017. December 1, 2017 winter hours will resume Sundays only from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- TRID (Town Road Improvement Discretionary) application for South Markville Road. Chairman Drake shared a letter to Wisconsin Department of Transportation and discussed the road condition report and improvement plan for 2018.
- There will be a Budget Meeting on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 @ 6 PM at NCC.
- Matt Holter asked if State Line Road should be plowed to the bridge. It was agreed and also to leave a snowmobile path.
- Matt asked the board to submit the 2% Fire Dues to the Dairyland Fire Department instead of the Dairyland Treasurer.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE DECEMBER AGENDA:
Dan made a motion to adjourn at 6:53 pm. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this _14th day of November 2017.
Vern Drake, Chairman