TOWN OF BLAINE
MEETING MINUTES (Pending approval at our October 10, 2017 Meeting)
September 12, 2017
Chairman Drake called the September 12, 2017 monthly meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
Present were Chairman Vern Drake, Supervisor Dan Ellefson, Clerk Charla Zaccardi, Treasurer Larry Holter, Ron Gallagher, Matt Holter, Ron Proffit, Bonnie Young, Cheryl Wickham (Town of Arna), Earl and Charlemagne Leach.
Clerk’s Report: Dan made the motion to approve the minutes. Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report was provided by Larry Holter.
Expenses: Expenses were reviewed. Dan made the motion to approve the bills as submitted.
Vern seconded. Motion passed.
Citizen’s Input: Chairman Drake introduced Earl and Charlemagne Leach from Chetek, WI. Earl is the new Pastor of Woodland Wesleyan Church within our community. Also introduced was Cheryl Wickham from the Town of Arna, Minnesota.
1) Vern handed out copies of the Wisconsin Legislative & Congressional Directory.
2) A thank you note was sent out to Richard Couch who helped cleanup Springbrook Trail after some firework debris had been left behind late in August.
3) Vern shared that Supervisor, Jessica Estridge, recently lost her brother-in-law, Ryan Estridge. His funeral service will be held Monday, September 18, 2017 at 2 p.m. at the Northwood’s Crossing Event Center in Siren. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Interment will follow at Hillcrest Cemetery, in the Town of Blaine.
Road Equipment Update: Road equipment is in good shape.
Road Condition Report: Roads are in good shape.
- It was noted that Bent’s Road will be graded.
- Big McGraw Road/Hay Creek guardrail project will begin in September.
- Plan for additional improvement of Springbrook Trail this fall.
Northland Community Center: Thank you Ron Proffit for fixing the Exit lights within the building. Playground equipment could use some repair as well. We will get estimates to see what it will cost to make it safe. It was also noted the flagpole needs to be replaced or repaired.
- Mowing Contract with Arna Township – The new contract with the hourly rate of $85.00 was given to Cheryl Wickham. She will have this contract signed by an Arna official and sent back to us. Ron will record the hours spent mowing for each road for a more accurate itemized billing process.
- Mowing Contract with New Dosey–we mail two updated contracts with the hourly rate of $85.00 to Dave Fornengo for a signature and request that he return one copy.
- Vern provided information regarding regulations, and days and hours of operation for the new sign which will be placed at the Waste & Recycle Transfer Station. Members are still acquiring bids for the attendant building.
- Asphalt resurfacing of North Markville Bridge and short section of St. Croix Trail is needed and Vern will look into getting another bid.
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON THE OCTOBER AGENDA:
Dan made a motion to adjourn at 6:57 pm. Vern seconded. Motion passed. Meeting is adjourned.
Charla Zaccardi, Clerk
Signed and dated this 12th day of September 2017.
Vern Drake, Chairman